The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We do not pass on your details to any third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
What information do we collect?
We collect two kinds of information from visitors to the Design Eclectic website; enquiries/feedback (through visitors emailing us) and site usage information, from cookies and log files.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer enquiries
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Respond to enquiries or feedback
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Site usage information
Cookies are pieces of data that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. A cookie is created when you visit the Design Eclectic website.
Our cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. The cookies do not contain any personal information about you, and they cannot be used to identify an individual user.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. Please note that if you do set your browser not to accept cookies you may be shown information that does not reflect your personal preferences indicated in previous visits to our website.
Log files allow us to record visitors' use of the site. Design Eclectic, analyse log file information from all our visitors. We may use this information to make changes to the layout of the website and to the information in it. Log files do not contain any personal information and they are not used to identify any individual patterns of use of the site.
What happens when I link to another site?
We do not pass on any personal information you have given us to any other site.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [address].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.